SC Law Blog

Welcome to the South Carolina Law Blog where there is open discussion through feedback on hot legal topics in this state. Feel free to comment and/or suggest a topic to address.

Monday, December 3, 2012

HCPD officer arrested, fired after fight with wife

Domestic violence is no joke.  In fact, I am posting another article on what just happened in the NFL following this one.  It's everywhere.  Even with our police officers.  I have included the link to a story reported by WMBF News wherein Officer Charles McLendon was arrested and charged with Misconduct in Office and Criminal Domestic Violence.  McLendon was an Horry County Officer and apparantly used his police car to chase and stop his estranged wife with his gun drawn during a domestic dispute which later became very physical.  

I cannot imagine a more dangerous situation to be in for a woman.  I am glad she is alive.  Unfortunately, some women lose their lives in situations like this and we must be vigilant to report any suspected domestic violence.  I had another attorney once tell me that no matter what anyone tells you, everyone goes insane during a divorce at some point or another.  I tend to agree.  This ends a 13 year career for this man. 

HCPD officer arrested, fired after fight with wife - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

No comments:

Post a Comment